Friday, November 30, 2012

Welcome to Creature Feature




As a fan of anything scary and monsters of every kind, I used to love watching Creature Feature as a kid. So I thought I'd honor the old show by naming a new feature of my blog for it. If you’ve been reading the blog, you already know that I love animals. Before digital cameras, every role of film I shot had at least one photo (and usually many) of seemingly nothing in particular, unless you looked really really closely and were able to discern whatever critter I had focused my lens upon. I’ve gotten much better with digital, since you can take fifty pictures to get one good one, then zoom in and crop photos on the computer. And now that I’ve got an underwater digital camera, every snorkeling trip is an opportunity to practice both my breath-holding and photo-taking skills. So every Friday, I’ll run a picture of an animal that I’ve found beautiful, ugly, or in some way intriguing. My first creature will be one that’s not exotic or fancy, but is ubiquitous to all the islands we’ve visited…the chicken. OK, it's a rooster, but overall it's still a chicken. This particularly fine fellow was scratching in the sand with his family in Hope Town, Abacos, in the Bahamas. But don't worry, we'll get more interesting and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment