Thursday, November 15, 2012

Got Milk? I Do Now!



I nearly dropped as we walked down the aisle in the nearby Pueblo market here in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. Milk! Big, beautiful gallon jugs of it! I was so excited, because we haven’t seen gallons of fresh milk since we left the states. And I looove milk! Even though I’ve extolled the convenience of UHT milk, there’s nothing like fresh for drinking. Even at $6 per gallon, I had to have one. An indulgence, you might say, and a pretty harmless one at that. So when we got back to the boat, I opened up the jug, filled a big wine glass and, before I had a chance to take a picture of the dew-glazed vessel, took a sip. Actually, it was more than a sip – a gulp that nearly emptied the glass. I enjoyed what little was left with a couple of ginger cookies, my sister Linda’s recipe. I think I’m going to get another gallon next week.

2 comments:

  1. Great posts! It's nice to read about cruising now that we are back, it brings back the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you give Anne a cookie, she's going to want a glass of milk to go with it!" (a children's book, replace Anne with mouse)

    ReplyDelete