Sunday, December 27, 2015

Referenced!



As a scientist, you know when someone has read and referenced your publications because they list them at the back of the paper. Writing for popular publications, it isn’t so clear. So I was incredibly happy to see this in the article “Mug Up, 46-foot Bowman Yawl” in the current issue of Good Old Boat. The article details the boatyard rescue and rehab of the yacht Mug Up. Mug Up’s new home port is Gloucester, MA, so it hits close to home, since I’m (Anne) from Massachusetts. Anyway, here’s the text that got me so excited:

“I had the topsides all finished, sanded and prepped, waiting for paint, when the contractor who agreed to do the Awlgrip part of the job backed out.” … “I was then faced with the prospect of finding someone else to do the painting or do it myself. I remembered seeing an article in Good Old Boat about painting the topsides with a roller and, after rereading it, I thought, why not give it a try?”

That’s my article (Hull Envy, Good Old Boat issues 93 and 94) he’s talking about! It’s nice to know that it’s helping people take that step in doing their own painting. Happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment