Saturday, July 13, 2013

Change in Climate and Culture: Trinidad to Seattle


From here...

So, we hauled the boat in Trinidad for hurricane season, and worked in the heat and humidity to get ready for our trip to the states. After about 18 hours of travel from Port of Spain to Miami, to LA, to Seattle, we settled in at the Seattle Airport Marriott for our first convention, Paizo Con. As we hoofed it outside for our walk the next day, we realized that we had forgotten how cool it gets overnight this far north, and neglected to bring jackets. I had a thin sweater, but I love the cooler weather anyway, and was quite happy. Chris, on the other hand, wore two shirts, two pairs of socks, and was goosebumped until we had been walking for a while. At least we could luxuriate in long, hot showers back in the room. One delight of the walk was the crisp, pine-scented air. I love the Caribbean, but I do miss the north.

P.S. I’ve still got lots of our Caribbean stuff that I haven’t covered, so over the summer I’ll be inserting some tropical adventures amidst blogs of our northern travels.
...to here

No comments:

Post a Comment