Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

In the McMillen household, our traditional Easter meal was brunch, highlighted by a tremendous dish my father made, with layers of eggs and salt pork. Since Dad died, my brother Greg has taken on the responsibility, and what a wonderful job he does. This year, I (Anne) also made it here in St. Croix, along with baked beans (unfortunately canned, at home we used to make homemade in a real bean pot) and coffee cake. Friends brought fried potatoes, fruit salad (you've got to have something healthy!), and champagne and orange juice for mimosas. What a feast we had. Then I spoke with my family gathered at Greg's house, who were eating much the same menu. You know, new has its place, but there's also a lot to be said for tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Looks just like Dad's. Thinking of him today.

    ReplyDelete